Sunday, September 07, 2008

Aberdeen-The Silver City?

We recently went to Aberdeen. By recently I mean in July. I have been very delayed in writing my blogs.





Here is Andy in Aberdeen striking his usual pose.









This is the former college that will soon become government offices. The pic does not really do it justice. It is one of the most gothic buildings I have ever seen. Very pointy.











This is the main street in the town centre. When the sun is out the town really shines.



However, because all of the buildings are made of granite, when the sun is not out, it is quite colourless. One does not realise how colourful Glasgow actually is until one goes to Aberdeen. In Glasgow you have red and blond sandstone to offset the grey of granite (and pebbledash in some parts of town).

We had some great meals during our trip and took a tour around the city (a cold one as we did not have on proper jackets as it was July).

I do have to say that the trip up and back was nice (we took the train to save on petrol). I would recommend going there, albeit just for a day or two. However, you may emerge from the area feeling as if you have been visiting Pleasantville.


I hope to have more blogs posted soon. I have collected some pics from various places and shows and not bothered to blog about them.

The good news is that just when I thought no one cared or noticed, I had three people ask me in the course of a week when I would start doing them again. At least I know that some people want to read them. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home