Saturday, October 13, 2007

Disneyland Paris

I know that it has been far too long since I've posted anything. I would like to blame it on the delay on getting any pictures developed. However, it is just general laziness.



As you may know, we went to Disneyland Paris in September. I really enjoyed this trip, mostly because I did not have to get on a plane or drive.



We took the Scotrail Sleeper down to London (pictures to follow in future post). We then got a direct Eurostar to Disney. We did not stay in the resort as it is was a bit too pricey, but we were just down the road and had a free bus, so it worked out okay.





The first thing that strikes you as you enter Disneyland (which for you Florida folks is like the size of the Magic Kingdom) is that the castle is very pink. Also, you are allowed inside of it, which I don't think you can do at MK anymore. I think at one point it was a restaurant, but maybe I am dreaming that part.



This is what Andy looks like on every holiday. This was very near Pirates of the Caribbean. Pirates here is a bit of a trickster. Although it looks like the original ones, it has the waterfall in a different place and then has an extra one just for good measure. It is fun that the ride is in French of course.



Phanton Manor was awesome and we went several times. It is mostly the same as the Haunted Mansion, except in French (more parts used to be in English and they changed it at some point) and there is a weird wild west thing going on at the end. The music is better than the last time I was at the Haunted Mansion which was several years ago, so maybe that has been changed by now as well.






We ran into our pal Mike at MGM Studios.






Look, a rare picture of Kimberly. I can't resist a cheap laugh.


I do have more pics on the way, especially of our journey. Please stay tuned and I will try not to be so lazy.












1 Comments:

At 4:12 PM, Blogger Groundskeeper Karlie said...

Very cool indeed. Would love to see any booklets, etc Disneyland Paris. (Maps etc) Other than seeing VERY LITTLE about it on the Travel Channel, there hasn't been much of anything in US media about (aboot) it.

I was just at Orlando a few weeks ago (mid-Sept). The Haunted Mansion has been re-done. They changed quite a few things, maybe like 30% of the ride. I wont give too much away, but I think it's and improvement. It looks like they went through and cleaned everything up too...from the props to the lights, etc. Everything looks better. Perhaps they cleaned all the lights too. Not sure when the last time you were there, but they recently changed Pirates of the Caribbean as well, basically adding a Johnny Depp animatronic here and there as Jack Sparrow. Not as much a change as Haunted Mansion, but still a nice addition. Can't wait to see more!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home